Call for Proposals
Editor, Journal of Thought
November 13, 2012
Proposal Deadline, January 15, 2013
The Executive Committee of the Society of Philosophy and History of Education (SOPHE) (http://www.sopheconference.com/) and the Publisher, Caddo Gap Press (http://www.caddogap.com/) invite applications for the editorship of the Journal of Thought: A Journal of Critical Reflection on Educational Issues. The quarterly journal has been continuously published since 1966 when it was established by James Van Patten. The JT became a collaborative publication between Caddo Gap and SOPHE beginning with its 2007 issues and is an online, blind-and-peer reviewed journal. For more information, see http://www.journalofthought.com/. Preference will be given to proposals that are submitted by active members of SOPHE.
In addition to submitting a cover letter and a curriculum vitae, a two-page proposal for the editorship should include the following information:
• Name, position, institutional affiliation and address, and email address of
the applicant for the editor's position;
• A brief statement of the applicant's prior experience as an editor, reviewer, and author;
• A statement of institutional support for one's editorship, including information regarding editorial assistance, website maintenance, release time, so forth;
• Identification of associate editors and responsibilities if appropriate;
• A statement of when the new editor would expect to assume her or his duties (e.g., April 1, 2013), and
• Plans for the development of issues (thematic and non-thematic issues).
The current editor and editorial staff will assist the new editorial team during the
transition of the Journal of Thought. For more information regarding the daily operations of the editor and staff, contact John Covaleskie email@example.com.
Electronic application materials should be sent to
4520 Zella Way NE
Piedmont, OK 73078